Saturday, 30 October 2010

Day 66

First reports from the doctors are good. My blood counts are pretty good (so no transfusions), the CMV is staying below the "active" level for now (although it can reactivate at any time, so I am keeping a little overnight bag packed for the hospital, just in case), my systems all appear to be working within the range of normal. So it's just slowly slowly slowly recovering my energy (I walked around 50 yards down the road to the postbox today, a HUGE achievement). I have been truly shocked at how exhausted I am - putting on my clothes can mean I need a nap, and sometimes I don't have enough energy to make a cup of tea, but just have to wait for someone to come home and do it for me. Some days are better than others. I think by Christmas I might have some decent degree of energy again, who knows. Anyway, for now, things seem to be going as well as can be expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment