No, the answer isn't Hitchhiker's Guide (well, actually, that is part of the answer), but BOOKS. I didn't get to go outside today, what with meals, visits, IV drips, nurses wanting to take my blood pressure, etc., etc., etc. But I did read a WHOLE book, something I very rarely get to do. When Rain Clouds Gather, by Bessie Head, if you're interested. I really recommnend it.
Despite not going out, and a fairly violent negative reaction to my new anti-cmv drug last night (use your imagination), it turned out to be a nice day, due to the book and also just relaxing, looking out at the sunny day, and trying not to be fed up.
Also had a nice phone call from my brother Steve, whose son Jeff is getting married in around an hour from now. I am missing getting to see them all, but I don't expect to have to wait long to see some photos of the wedding and the family, what with FaceBook and everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good! Glad you're over last night's reaction and that the day was spent with a book. I'm trying to do too much, and the books are calling so loudly that I almost can't hear anything else. My time will come! Meanwhile, aren't book lists the perfect foil for reading!?
ReplyDeleteHope you enjoy the wedding photos when you get to see them. And I hope you've found another good book for today.
ReplyDeleteUm sorry did you not speak to someone else on the phone yesterday?! Also, some pics already up xxxxxxxxxxxx
ReplyDelete