Sometimes I feel as if I have lived here forever, and that this is my "real life", while anything else I might have THOUGHT of as real life is just a dream, or a book. This happens more when I am on strong painkillers, of course! But it is a weird feeling to think I have hardly been out of this one room, and then only up and down the corridor, for 6 weeks.
The latest test results on whether my reactivated CMV has cleared up will be ready tomorrow. (Tt's a virus that most of us have, especially if we had chicken pox, and it's usually suppressed by our immune systems, which of course mine can't do right now, so it comes out of its cave and starts to be a virus again, which is NOT good, so needs to be firmly smashed. It can happen repeatedly and requires hospitalisation each time. It's the main reason I am still in.) If it's gone, I am quite a lot closer to being allowed home, hooray!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've just gotten back from a weekend with women friends - a thing we haven't done for about 5 years - WONDERFUL! I'm happy to laugh at your blood bath since wasn't your blood, except in the sense that you bought it! And I'm here cheering for the dispatch of the CMV from your bloodwork. Go AWAY!
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing how a relatively short-term stay can feel permanent; must be how we are structured. I'm also cheering for your great exodus from the hospital at the earliest moment possible! Go! Go! Go!!!