Friday, 3 September 2010

Day 9 - No Signal in Hell - who knew?

Hi Sorry for skipping days - something I swore to myself I would not do, no matter what happened. But I have been in Hell and guess what, no signal. How do those guys manage down there? Still not quite out - there is confusion amongst traditions as to exactly what exit to looks for - gates, river, horns, whatever. But I have been told today I am on the right road at least. The big good news is that my neutrophils are recovering very quickly. Once the neutrophils get to a good level, many of my other problems will start to fade away.

Thanks as ever for messages of support. It does make me feel better knowing you are all caring.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Janet - (finally found how to become a follower...) - the last few days sound pretty rough but good news that your count is recovering well - it's that true grit and just think, as soon as you feel a bit better you can read those Tony Blair diaries..Thinking of you, lots of love Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet,

    Glad to hear that things are on the up. We are rooting for you here in Crouch End and look forward to seeing you well again soon. Blair's diaries are not for you if you're feeling nauseous. HWS back today- Rory back for an hour and we've had a letter of complaint about school shoes already! That must be a record. Am thinking of putting offending 'shoes' (as far as I'm concerned...black, no logos etc. ) in a box (Art installation style) with 'This is not a pair of black shoes' and submitting them for debate! Hope Amy fared better...

    lots of love and hope the neutrophil count continues to rise,


    Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go 'phils, Go!
    I hadn't checked in for about a week because I kept getting the same day's message when I did. And now you've gone and done it and are improving! I'm happy for you, Janet! My mama is an example of "I can endure anything when I know that it's going to get better eventually." You are obviously one of the same quality.
    I got good medical news today too (of a much tinier nature than yours): my last bloodwork shows that bone-building is happening, so my medication for galloping osteoporosis is taking hold and doing its thing. I'm off to cheer for both our insides!

    ReplyDelete