Sunday, 12 September 2010

Day 18 - Boring (which of course is good)

A very boring day today, which I tried to sleep through most of Hopefully brain is starting to recover (despite getting the Day wrong AGAIN yesterday), as I was able to read nearly all of The Monkey's Raincoat (will definitely finish it tonight). Anyway, nothing to report, just to say I'm still here, and I think things might be beginning to start to get better.

4 comments:

  1. so good to hear that you're feeling well enough to read - keeping those brain cells exercised! Lots of love and keep going..Val xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet,

    finally got to catch up with your blog. Looks like things are going well albeit such a massive journey. Have been on a Kantar program for a week locked in a cell basically trying to make us think up new products. Presenting to Eric on Thursday oh joy. What is your status re visitors I expect it is a no go. Kids working hard as entrance exams at the end of term so lots of tantrums - looked down your list of books I don't have one title which just shows how poorly read I really am - just finished a book called Help all about black servants in the 60s in America I enjoyed it bit low brow maybe for you. Speak soon take care Jackie Blackler

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello janet - so pleased to know of your progress and I've just realised that I have one of your books on my reading list too - the jonathen rosen about the talmud. I remember reading about it in my synagogue magazine and it feels relevant for me too - I'm going to order a copy from Amazon and will get it to you soon. Meanwhile thinking of you as always
    with love, x Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet,

    Glad to hear that you are making progress and beginning to enjoy the pleasures of mangoes and reading again. I haven't heard of 'The Monkey's Raincoat' but love the title. Am about to start reading 'Super Sad True Love Story' by a Russian writer living in New York (Gary Shteyngart) -it had rave reviews. I'll let you know what it's like. Meanwhile, keep getting better. I look forward to seeing you soon in Crouch End.

    with love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete