Friday, 10 September 2010

Day 16 - food at last

So, I ate a bit of cottage cheese, some pieces of macaroni from what the menu called vegetarian moussaka but was actually macaroni with some veg and cheese sauce and some lemon tart with custard - around the amount you'd give a 9-month old baby. It felt great.

No real medical news today - fluids have started to drop, which should mean I can stop needing oxygen soon, which is good because it's getting quite boing having it all the time. Just inch by inch waiting for things to slowly return to (the new)normal.

And Kate(s), how can those words mean all that stuff, don't be silly!

4 comments:

  1. Well done, Janet! Great news that you are eating "real" food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the wonder of the teenage language.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, I'm afraid Kate is already learning to speak Vuh-jinn-yun (rhymes w/ onion) -- a curious blend of broken syllables and raised eyebrows that passes for language among local Hoos

    Hang in there Janet; it's good to see humor in your dispatches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eat up! Who ever thought hospital food would look wonderful?

    ReplyDelete