Saturday, 1 May 2010

Blood and books

Still at the hotel. So far, so good. Spent the morning having a blood transfusion (due to decreased haemoglobin levels, entirely normal and expected after chemo, and not at all the first time I have had it done). I think blood donors are truly amazing people - I never gave blood when I could - I was scared of needles (not any more, luckily), and now I feel very guilty about that. If you don't, but could, please think about it, or at least encourage someone else to do it.

Spent the afternoon trawling around second hand bookshops, one of my very favourite activities, then a helping of Doctor Who and the whole Guardian to myself, so the day wasn't a total loss!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you'll be able to enjoy the football on TV in luxurious surroundings without being disturbed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet,

    Great idea to have a blog.....and will take your advice about blood donation. I'm a lapsed donor. Shameful that I haven't kept going. My godfather had a rare blood group and received lots after a very bad accident.

    Lots to catch up on. Hope to come in end of this coming week, all being well.

    X

    ReplyDelete