No, not the government (hopefully, that will be right/left switch). I now have a new picc line, this time in my right arm. Over the last three days, I have had one picc line removed, one inserted, two canulas inserted and removed, and four blood tests the old fashioned way. My arms are covered with small bandages, as if I were either a drug addict or audtioning for The Mummy.
Anyway, I am still feeling okay, although a bit less so, so you really need to ring right before you come if you are coming, just to check. If the sore throat kicks in like last time, there will be no point coming to see me, as I won't be able to speak, and probably not even to drink the nice coffee you bring. Fingers crossed it won't get to that stage.
I am now reading "Small Wars Permitting", by Christina Lamb.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Janet,
ReplyDeleteYou sound like you've been through it in the past few days. Hope all continues to improve. Impressive election commentary which makes more sense than many I've been reading. Birthday fever is over in our house for another year and I, for one, am relieved. Sorry I haven't been to visit - we were at a wedding on Saturday and recovering from it yesterday! Today, my brother visited from Brussels and for the next three days I will be at school. If you're still there on Friday and feeling up to it, I'd love to visit. Meanwhile, take care and lots of love.
Marie