Thursday, 6 May 2010

Election? What election?

On this day, when pretty much everyone I know will be glued to the tv, I am stuck with this dodgy internet. There are various portable tv's kicking around the hospital, donated by departing "guests". They found me two - the first only got 2 channels, 67 and 68, and both were just static, because the aerial wasn't strong enough; the second couldn't go below channel 10 - after 11 it jumped to its highest, 28 - and none of 11 to 28 had a picture. Or sound. I guess they both work as video or DVD players is why they're still around. I just didn't have time, money or inclination to invest in a good enough portable to actually work in here. Rich brought me a radio today, so between that and at least occasional connections to the BBC website I should at least have some idea what's going on.

Meanwhile, the doctors decided my infection was in my picc line, so they took it out. I can't have a new one until next week, so I now have a semi-permanent (as in 3 or 4 days rather than just a few hours) canula in my right hand, I thing I really hate. I also hate having blood tests via needles rather than the line, which is what I have to do until I get the new picc. So I am a bit fed up. But the medical news is all good, in that my temperature, blood pressure and pulse are all back to normal, and the antibiotics are doing their job on the infection.

So, on to our brave new world of 3 party politics. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment