Tuesday, 11 May 2010

Who needs tv?

Major (well, okay, pretty minor actually) medical drama in my room today. Not involving me, I hasten to add. One of the nurses came to give me my antibiotic. She was kneeling on the floor next to the bed, pushing it through the syringe into the picc line, when she suddenly fell back on her heels. I thought she just lost her balance, but in fact she was fainting, and slipped onto the floor. I ran down to the nurses station, and within 10 seconds it was like ER or Casualty (I suppose, anyway, as I have never seen either of those programmes). She was okay, didn't bang her head or anything, and was taken away in a wheelchair to have a little rest. I heard later she was recovered. Luckily, the antibiotic was pretty much finished, and I wasn't left with a syringe full of stuff hanging out of my arm, just an empty one. So, that's what passed for excitement here today.

I'm feeling okay, holding on, not getting worse (which I keep pessimistically expecting, based on last time) but not yet showing major recovery as far as blood counts (this is normal). Probably still in the hospital for the rest of the week, and if I still feel as I do now, visits should be fine, but as ever please check.

No comments:

Post a Comment