Wednesday, 25 August 2010

Day Zero - Anticlimax would be an Overstatement

So, I have had my new stem cells put in. It took 20 minutes, like a very fast blood transfusion. It was cold (from the fridge). That's all. Total anti-climax.

"Today is the first day of the rest of your life" was never so true as for me today. Somewhere, some amazing person has done this incredible thing for me, a total stranger. I hope I can get a message to him/her expressing not only my total gratitude, but also my deepest admiration for this entirely unselfish thing he/she has done.

Anyway, now I just wait for the little buggers to get into my bone marrow and start doing their thing. So far, I still feel fine.

And thanks, Cushla, for the book offer - I'll look out for it.

3 comments:

  1. Greetings and best wishes from Virginia. we're pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, what wonderful news.
    Laura (lindsacl) from LT

    ReplyDelete