Monday, 30 August 2010

Day +5 When the going gets tough

You won't get much out of me today. I am shattered by the sheer physicality of my side effects. I am managing, although subsisting almost entirely on banana power shakes now. Neutrophils are zero, which is good, because the only way is up, but this will probably take at least a week. When they come up, my current problems go away, and meanwhile we just try to manage with pain killers, throat soothers, etc. It's hard, but doable, and boy do I have a great set of nurses here.

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there girl...as you say, the only way is UP from now on...
    --Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep going Janet - you are one courageous lady and a bloody determined one,and don't forget we're all here gunning for you!

    Please ask Rich to get in touch if he needs anything- tell him not to be shy about it!

    love
    Catherine et al xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm ... bananas ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet, continuing to think of you

    ReplyDelete