Saturday, 26 February 2011

This is not fun

Need to rant very briefly, sorry. Foscarnet is such a strong drug. It eats blood, so I need transfusions. It eats salts, so I need constant IV electrolytes. The elecrolytes seem to cause diarrhoea (sorry if TMI), so I don't feel like going out, and am nervous about eating. It eats fluids, so I feel dehydrated. Plus, I have had a cough for a few weeks, which we thought was just related to the flu I STILL have, but now maybe looks like some kind of infection, so that will mean more drugs. I am on around 12 different ones at the moment.

This all means I feel shattered, so I am spending most of my time lying in bed listening to the radio rather than reading or being online, so I have nothing interesting to report about anything.....

Okay, rant over. The CMV is coming down gradually which is the important thing, so all the rest is just frustration. Hopefully a more positive report next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment