Saturday, 19 February 2011

aargh

Well, I was hoping to post this week on the milestone of being off IV for 4 whole weeks, the longest since my transplant, as well as moving to fortnightly rather than weekly clinic visits. But..... instead, I am back in the hospital, being treated for CMV again. Sigh. And, as I still have the flu (amazingly, it might take months to work its way out of my system) I still have to be relegated to the 8th floor rather than the lovely specialist haematology wards on 13 and 16. Sigh again. Still, I can see signs of spring in the city out of my window, and I don't think this will take more than 2 weeks, max, based on the last time. And it should enable me to keep up with the group read of War and Peace I have joined on librarything. Reading about those guys walking 700 miles in shoes that can't make it that far, or marching into the fog at Austerlitz and suddenly realizing the French are 10 feet away, not the several miles they believed, does put things into perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment