So. I am still in the hospital, and latest estimate is that I will another whole week here. This is a bit of a blow, as this weekend is the last time we will see Kate until May, but needs must. My flu is still hanging around, but if you have been jabbed, have had it, or don't care (it's not swine flu), you are welcome to visit me. I am allowed to go out, assuming I'm not plugged into the IV (which, sadly, I often am), so we don't have to sit in the boring hospital room.
I have books to read, plus have listened to a LOT of Radio 3's "complete works of Mozart", and plenty of calls, emails, LibraryThing friends to keep up with, etc., so I am coping alright, apart from wishing I was at home with the family, of course. And, as usual, I have been playing online scrabble with my sister Carole nearly every day. The honors are about even at the moment, but I have had the best word of the week - AVIATRIX - how often have you seen that one played?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We're listening to Radio 3's Mozart as well. Radio 3 was our station of choice when we lived there, and thankfully we can stream it over the internet. Most of our classical radio stations were public radio, and switched to a news & information format over the years. The one station that remains in our area is not very adventurous. Radio 3's programming is superb. Although I will admit that a little Mozart goes a long way, and we are ready for "normal" programming to resume.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your Scrabble games!
Hey Janet, That's great news! Although I haven't commented yet (except directly to you by email), I've been following the ups and downs over the past few weeks and am very happy to hear you'll soon be sipping a cup of tea in the comfort of your own home. Best, Tom
ReplyDelete