Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Well, that didn't last long...

Yep, back in the hospital again. But this time I'm glad, because I was having a massive flare up of Graft v. Host Disease, which (due its many aspects you don't want to know about)caused me to be extremely dehydrated, unable to eat or drink much, and very weak. Now I am having continuous intravenous fluids to get me back to normal hydration, plus IV steroids to attack the GvHD, plus other IV drugs to attack cmv, which needless to say reactivated at the same time. So it's not good yet, but they are sorting me out, and hopefully this won't be a hugely long stay.

1 comment:

  1. I was just checking out your 75 thread, and it occurred to me that you would have written more completely about what's going on over here. So you did. I'm strenuously pushing down my Pollyanna mode, so you can be thankful for that. I do trust that they will get you completely sorted out and home soon. Then you can get back to improving.
    I hope you're having a lovely spring. We are here in N.C. - 3 weeks or so now, whereas usually we have a week of nice weather and then move directly to summer.
    Natter. Natter.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete